Poll: Which Showcase Presents should I review next?

I'm begining to see the end of the Teen Titans now, with only 7 stories to go, and I'd like to keep on trucking. So the question is: Which Showcase Presents (or Marvel Essential) should I review next (in the same style)?

Click below to answer the poll, and pop back in to give your reasons (especially if you answered Other). If you do answer Other, be forwarned that I currently have ALL the Showcase Presents published, and only 4 Essentials (Tomb of Dracula, Howard the Duck and Super-Villain Team-Up in addition to Marvel Two-in-One). Try to stick to those, thanks, though obviously, the ones I listed are those that I'm leaning towards already.


I see that Amazon has sollicited a number of new Showcases this week, and that in addition to Aquaman, Hawkman and the Flash, they are now gonna come out with full reprints of the Atom, the War That Time Forgot, and Who's Who.

Yeah, Who's Who. The first Showcase I will not be buying. 1) I already have them all. 2) It's a little silly to reprint an encyclopedia series that's 20 years out of date. However, I do think that the lower level of detail will make this less silly than Essential Marvel Universe Deluxe, and would be interested in seeing how the art reproduces. How are they going to do the covers, I wonder?

Anyway, thanks for checking in and leaving an opinion behind you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Definitely Marvel Two-In-One. As much as I genuinely love older DC Comics, I've found that older Marvel comics are simply more entertaining stories to read than DC stories...particularly Silver Age DC stories. In fact, most of those early Justice League stories are some pretty rough sledding. I'd put off reading that one for as long as you can.
Siskoid said…
JLA is probably the compendium whose stories I'm most familiar with, which is part and parcel of why it's on the list (easier). I don't really have any trouble with DC's Silver Age - it's ridiculous, but makes great blog fodder :).

And thanks for the t-shirt, it came in on record time and I'm wearing it today! Great fit and quality!
Anonymous said…
Glad you like the t-shirt, Siskoid! You definitely earned it acing that contest of mine.

As for the Silver Age JLA, it's not so much the stories for me as the Mike Sekowski artwork. Like Scott Tipton of "Comics 101" has often said, Sekowski's JLA members looked more like blocky businessmen than superheroes.
Anonymous said…
I picked Challengers of the Unknown simply because I have no idea what it is and I'm burning to find out!
Marc Burkhardt said…
I voted for Marvel Two-In-One.

That's some great weird stuff, although I wouldn't complain if you tackled Challengers either.

I was going to do some Challengers posts myself, but seem to have gotten distracted by ROM.
Siskoid said…
ROM is a perfectly acceptable distraction.

Along with Saga of the Swamp Thing, Rom Spaceknight is one the great regrets of my early 80s comic-buying habit.

Either I was into pure super-heroes too much, or the few issues I had of these series freaked me out too much.

I got to read Swamp Thing in trades... but Rom... Let he who owns the copyright step forward!!!