Spring Cleaning: Thunderbird!

People hate to help me move. The dozens of boxes full of books and comics may have something to do with it. The sheer amount of CRAP certainly does. Here's an example of something I've been carrying with me for more than 20 years and which has no use whatsoever: My Thunderbird ashtray!I made this in metal shop in 9th grade, back in the days when smoking wasn't really frowned upon and it made sense to impose such a project on 14-year-olds. I was always failing shop, so this thing is complete rubbish, and I don't smoke, nor have I ever, and it's not deep enough a dish to hold rubber bands or baubles. I guess I just keep it because the image I made in it (by way of tar and an acid solution) is the Thunderbird from my old AD&D book, Deities & Demigods (American Indian chapter).

Maybe I should take up smoking, cuz I still don't want to throw it away.

I am the worst spring cleaner ever.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That is so funny! Our JR High School was full of these oxymorons sort of.

For the life pf me, I can't remember my design for that ashtray. Oh wait... I think it was the Frankie Goes To Hollywood logo. (man with the flag).

Gawk!
Siskoid said…
Sounds like something you would have done. Kudos for not still having the damn thing underfoot!

:-)
Anonymous said…
My mom used it as an underplate for a plant I believe. Pretty much all it was good for.