Batman and the Outsiders #0: Pages 13-14

So introducing the last Outsider...I don't want to question master strategist Batman or anything, but why was it a good idea to keep one of the team's most powerful members "in reserve"? Geo-Force just spent the entire story skulking incognito outside the besieged hospital. While there was no superhuman guard on Miklos' door. Or is there a better reason to bench ol' GF?
Well here's a reason. Looks to me that he's MAKING debris rather than destroying it. Even so, given the choice of debris or lava raining down on me, I'm not sure which I'd pick. No wait. I AM sure.
"Now that I've delivered my soliloquy, I'm gonna see if I'm the last Outsider or what. Hey is that burn victim making fists at me?"
Quick to judge, GF, quick to judge.
Ah! For example! Metamorpho CAN TURN INTO a drifting powder.
Yeah, thanks Batman. They never thank Metamorpho. Cuz he's a freak.
Commissioner Gordon, a man who keeps abreast of current affairs. If you can't name a single member, chances are it's not the Justice League. Unless it's Justice League Detroit. Or some iterations of Justice League International, America and Europe. Oh, and JL Antarctica.
Poor Katana has to be carried in Geo-Force's... uhm... vapors. Actually, shouldn't GF carry Lightning, and Halo carry Katana? Well, if there's one thing they've proven in this issue, it's that they have no teamwork skills.
This panel's bubbles should probably be reversed so that Haggarty responds to Gordon rather than the other way around.

Hey, whatever happened to Miklos? I hope he's not dead. Cuz then he would have won. Like that lucky dog, Simon.

Comments

H said…
"This panel's bubbles should probably be reversed so that Haggarty responds to Gordon rather than the other way around."

Genius! I'm taking scissors and glue to my copy now.
Austin Gorton said…
So wait, there's no resolution to Miklos's fate? I mean, it's not like I care, but he was ostensibly the villain of this piece.

"Well, we've introduced ourselves to Commissioner Gordon. Our job here is done."

"No wait, your job was to-ah, they're gone. Oh well."