This Week in Geek (7-13/01/08)

Buys

Only one purchase for myself this week, and that's Grant Morrison's Son of Batman trade hardcover. It's Morrison, what more do you want from me? It's all I can do not to get the "52" trades.

So let's move on to "Accomplishments", of which there are few this week anyway, my mind having been distracted by other things.

"Accomplishments"

Finished Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus volume 1, which you may or may not have picked up on seeing as I've already written two articles on the subject, with more to come. Let me just repeat that I found it to be a revelation, helped along by my personal comic book guru, you guessed it, Grant Morrison. He provides an excellent introduction to the volume. By the way, I know there are a lot of people who don't like the Omnibus format (hardcover with color newsprint pages), but I enjoy it tremendously. I've never liked old stories on glossy paper. They just don't look good.

I should mention the paltry 4 cards I made for my Doctor Who CCG, but seeing as they don't have a Grant Morrison connection, I've nothing else to say.

Someone Else's Post of the Week
Grant Morrison is mentioned in the most recent addition to the Aquaman Shrine, Two Simple Twists of Fate, which discusses Aquaman's inclusion in the Justice League of America.

Ok, next week should be a better one since I'm on the cusp of flipping that giant Blade Runner set and finishing a book I got myself for Christmas. 'Til then!

Comments