Tagged!

Madeley tagged me a few days ago with a meme going around which asks "What creators who are usually associated with a certain company (or, indeed, medium) would you like to see writing someone else’s title?"

I'm half tempted to send a bad DC writer over to Marvel like SallyP did with Winick, but I think I can consolidate my shared universe better by importing rather than exporting. The two guys most impressing me at Marvel right now are Fraction and Brubaker, so these guys need to get on some DC books pronto. Most in need? Hm...

If we're going for artwork though, I'd love to see John Romita Jr. doing DC characters. His work on Thorion (for Amalgam) leaves no doubt that he would be great on a new New Gods book (should we expect a Fifth World series after Final Crisis?), but I'd but him on almost anything and expect great things.

Blue Beetle's now in need of a new creative team (I say this before #26 comes out obviously), and it seems like a great match: Fraction - Brubaker - Romita Jr. on Blue Beetle. Here's to the next 25 issues.

If only...

Comments

Unknown said…
Those guys would totally change the flavor of Blue Beetle, though. I agree that I'd love to see them at DC.

Brubaker does excellent crime comics. Aside from the obvious choice (Batman), I'd like to see his take on The Question.

John Romita Jr. would be great on a New Gods book. It's hard to say what my top pick would be for a J.R.Jr. DC title, however. The guy can do anything and do it well.
Siskoid said…
I wouldn't mind them on All-New Atom either.
Anonymous said…
Brubaker HAS worked on Batman. He did that run on Detective comics a few years back. It was just about the last good Detective Comics comic.
Madeley said…
Damn, that team would be good on Blue Beetle, and it'd probably get the sales up too. I'm going to be gutted when the series goes under, which is looking increasingly likely.

Chris: Montoya Question or Proper Question?
SallyP said…
Aw c'mon, Winick would be PERFECT for Marvel!

But the thought of stealing Romita for DC...intrigues me. A lot.
Unknown said…
Proper Vic Sage Question, but I'm willing to compromise short-term.