Team Kirby!

A couple weeks ago, fellow blogger Paul C created a new, DC version of the Fantastic Four based on the work of Art Adams. It got me to thinking about assembling teams based on characters associated with a particular artist. For example...

Jack Kirby's Challengers of the Unknown!OMAC! Mr. Miracle! The Demon! Fighting American! Machine Man! And Kamandi! Together, they travel time and space to fight giant Celestials, New Gods and Fighting Fetuses! Along the way, they're joined by such allies as Big Barda (of course), Devil Dinosaur, Captain Victory's Galactic Rangers, Atlas, Jimmy Olsen, and well, the entire Marvel Universe!

Enough Kirby dots in each issue to last a lifetime!

Who else would you throw into Team Kirby? And if you like this idea, don't be shy about it. I've got others.

Comments

googum said…
This just reminds me that Machine Man still has never got a proper action figure. Grrr.

I'd swap out Fighting American for Captain America: accept no substitutes! (Besides USAgent or Bucky-Cap, I guess.)
Matthew Turnage said…
I love this idea.

I'd probably swap OMAC for Yango, or maybe a reformed Batroc the Leaper.

And I'd work in an appearance by Goody Rickles at some point.
Siskoid said…
I admit that Fighting American replaced Cap because I wanted to make it as much of a multi-company crossover as possible.

But yeah, Kirby's Cap strips were AWESOME. One of my favorite Essential books.
Anonymous said…
The Goozlebobber, of course. His abilities to give people cosmic diarrhea and impersonate Ronald Reagan would make him their ace in the hole.

Paranex the Fighting Fetus is worth considering too.
Lazarus Lupin said…
How about that mailman for the fantastic four. Never sneer at proper postal service.

Lazarus Lupin
http://strangespanner.blogspot.com/
art and review