Holiday Snaps: Halloween by the Book

The All Hallow's Eve theme this year - books - wasn't as geeky as some we've had, but I still feel compelled to share the best of the lot. I was not among them, trust me. But in books, you do have COMIC books, so there is that. And of course, genre literature was well represented.

Proper literature
We start with DJ Nath from Legionnaires: Hot or Not. She was Lady MacBeth, which is perfect for Halloween, and her hands weren't, in fact, stained forever, as was feared.
Andréanne, Berry, Seb and Cass team up to bring you Alice in Wonderland. And by a certain coincidence...
 ...Robyn and Melissa ALSO came as Alice!
And then there's L:HoN's Havana Nights as the first page of Dickens' A Tale of Two Cities.

Cult literature
L:HoN's Shotgun played Tolkien superstar Galadriel, here pictured next to your poor host, who cheaped out by acting as a Book of Quotations. At least I tried to have quotes that matched other people's costumes.
Matching costumes from Game of Thrones: Renée is the Mother of Dragons, next to her creator George R.R. Martin (Lonely Hearts' Furn) who kept a register of every character at the party and killed them off one by one during the evening.

Comics and Manga
In comics, we have Ramona Flowers from the Scott Pilgrim series, as played by L:HoN's Lip-Bomb.
Hot or Not's Art-Girl is Kagome from Inuyasha, making me realize I know next to nothing about Manga. Case in point...
Amélie is Misa Amane from Death Note, and again, I have no clue. I'm sure your costumes are well done, girls! I just can't judge that for myself!
And Dave is Eric Powell's The Goon, with a nice make-up job courtesy of Art-Girl!

Hopefully I'll feel more inspired next year, but at least you got to see some cool costumes from others!

Comments

Anonymous said…
You hang out with awesome people.

But ... no Puddles the Clown? I demand a recount!
Siskoid said…
Is that book-related?