December SF Movie Marathon

For the past two Decembers, I've attempted (and completed!) a month-long movie marathon, a daily dose for a total of 31 movies by the end of 2016. The first time, it was all indie SF films. Last year, all spy films. This year, I'm heading back into science-fiction. And while I'll be MOSTLY watching indies, the real "theme" is availability. Almost all the movies in the list below are on Netflix, a few I have on DVD awaiting viewing, a couple are coming to theaters and I'm eager to see them. All I can promise is that I've never seen ANY of them. That was important. It's about discovery, not about watching Blade Runner for the 50th time (although I really should do that too, to be safe).

To help me structure the marathon, I've split the films into seven categories, one a day, though there's some flexibility, depending on when I manage to go see those theatrical releases. Here's what I came up with (films in alphabetical order, will choose on the day, according to whim and people present):
Thursdays: POSTAPOCALYPSE (because 2016 will be the death of us)
Beyond the Black Rainbow
The Book of Eli
Embers
Young Ones
Z for Zachariah
Fridays: ROMANCE
After
Comet
Creative Control
Frequencies
Upside Down
Saturdays: HOW SCIENCE CHANGES US
Advantageous
I Origins
Listening
The Lobster
Womb
Sundays: SPACE...
Harlock: Space Pirate
Passengers
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Treasure Planet
Mondays: TIME TRAVEL
The Man from the Future
Paradox
Project Almanac
Synchronicity
Tuesdays: CATCH ALL (they either didn't fit anywhere, or that day was full)
Dark Skies
Mr. Nobody
Terminus
Victor Frankenstein
Wednesdays: MEMORY & IDENTITY
The Congress
The Reconstruction of William Zero
Reversion
Self/Less

(Edit for posterity: Two of the films on the list were not available to me in December, so I switched them out for Real Genius and Spectral, which don't fit in any real category.)

Catch the action on This Week in Geek and on each subsequent Sunday!

Comments

Brendoon said…
"although I really should do that too, to be safe"
Haha, Brill!