oHOTmu or NOT Ep.38: Bill Foster to Frog-Man

A giant man. A famous creature from literature. Formerly evil mutants. A hero with a spring in his step. Which are Hot, which are Not? Call on the Girls for the complete lowdown.

Featuring permanent panelists Isabel, Nathalie, Josée, Amélie and Shotgun.

Listen to Episode 38 (the usual mature language warnings apply) by clicking HERE!

Or you can right-click “download”, choose “Save Target/Link As”, and select a location on your computer to save the file (30 MB).

Or subscribe to oHOTmu OR NOT? on iTunes!

You can follow along! Here are the characters we cover in this episode.
 
 
 
 
Credits:
"Can You Dig It?" (Theme for oHOTmu or NOT?) by Brian Tyler.

Bonus clips from: "Why Not" by Hilary Duff; "Ant-Man and the Wasp" by Peyton Reed, starring Laurence Fishburne, Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly; "Young Frankenstein" by Mel Brooks, starring Gene Wilder and Peter Boyle; "Freedom" by George Michael; "Freedom Force", improvised composition by Isabel and Nathalie Goguen; "The Frog Song" by Robert Charlebois; "Daves I Know" by Bruce McCulloch.

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Comments

RB said…
¿How is that this series is more constant than who is who?
I get it. It takes time to search and write. but it's been months.
RB said…
I'm. Sorry if i am very demanding, is that i like your content and that is my second favorite article (the one that is about krypto is my favorite)
Siskoid said…
I have absolutely no control over the Who's Who podcast, but I'll tell Shagg and Rob to get a move on ;).

Unless you mean that thing I sometimes do with Who's Who in Crisis? Then that's my fault for making it seem like it would be a regular series.
Anonymous said…
I never thought I'd get an in-depth discussion of Bill Foster's cleavage. I'm glad you mentioned his shitty and pointless death during Civil War ... I guess they just wanted to up the body count.

I loved the collective squeal for Fabulous Frog Man; wasn't there a story where he was helping the Avengers fight someone and defeated the bad guy by puking all over him? I can't remember what issue that was, but it pretty much sums up Eugene's career in a nutshell.

I liked the Frankenstein Monster discussion, though it's been a while since I read the book. Have you read the Athena Club books by Theodora Goss ("Strange Case of the Alchemist's Daughter" and "European Travel for the Monstrous Gentlewoman")? The main characters are all women related to Victorian horror literature (Jekyll/Hyde's daughters, Beatrice Rappacini, a cat-woman from the Island of Dr. Moreau, and the female monster from Frankenstein) In this series, the female monster wasn't destroyed, but lived on and encountered the male monster again, then eventually met the aforementioned ladies. It's a pretty cool book series, if you like feminist Victorian horror mash-ups.

Mike W.
Siskoid said…
That would be Spider-Island: Avengers #1, where he throws up on the spider-powered Flag-Smasher! (Someone was using this issue of OHOTMU.)