I Don't Remember This Happening in Daredevil

Category: Daredevil
Last article published: 11 February 2019
This is the 31st post under this label

So I was emptying my grandpa's attic* and I found some Daredevil comics I'd never read. Well cool, Matt Murdock is one of my favorite Marvel characters! Like, I've never seen that costume before - is it the Dan Chichester DD? But that's not really the big thing. The big thing is... I never knew Daredevil fought Hitler!
That's badass. Mover over, Captain America, there's another challenger in town!

Another story I've never read is this one where Daredevil is breaks up an orgy!
Looks like at some point, he abandoned the billy club in favor of the boomerang, which I feel is a weapon he would wield well.

I like this one where Matt is forced into the ring like his father was, but will he take the fall?
I bet he won't. Note the coloring mistakes. That happens a lot in this era of the title, I guess. DD is hardly ever recognizable. In this one, he even goes back to the yellow and black costume:
 Oh and this one... this one's rather racist, isn't it?
Yeah, I don't know what kind of comics my grandpap was into, but I don't recognize it as MY Daredevil. And my Daredevil has been many things. He's been written by O'Neil, and Miller, and Nocenti, and Brubaker, and Waid, and Soule... But this, this ain't it.

*This is entirely a work of fiction.

Comments

A few years ago they brought him back with some other Golden Age forgotten heroes, but they had to rename him Devil.