oHOTmu or NOT Ep.52: Imperial Guard to In-Betweener

Marvel's Legion of Super-Heroes. A green guy who goes POP and it's not Ambush Bug. His wife. A black and white entity. Which are hot and which are not? The girls of the Canadian Hot Squad weigh in as coverage of OHOTMU issue 6 continues, and break a record for the number of characters covered in a single episode!

Featuring permanent panelists Elyse, Isabel, Nathalie, Josée, Amélie and Shotgun.

Listen to Episode 52 (the usual mature language warnings apply) by clicking HERE!

Or you can right-click “download”, choose “Save Target/Link As”, and select a location on your computer to save the file (37 MB).

Or subscribe to oHOTmu OR NOT? on iTunes!

You can follow along! Here are the characters we cover in this episode.






Credits:
"Can You Dig It?" (Theme for oHOTmu or NOT?) by Brian Tyler.

Bonus clips from: "Tourne la page" by René and Nathalie Simard; "Beany and Cecil", starring Jim MacGeorge and Bob Clampett; Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.'s "Mission Impossible Man", starring Fred Tatasciore and Tom Kenny; "Hot N Cold" by Katy Perry.

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Comments

I'm surprised you didn't mention that Wolverine actually took Fang's costume and wore it for a short time when you were talking about the trio of Timber Wolf, Wolverine and Fang.
Oh, if you do a time travel show, I would love to be a part of it. Time travel stories are my favorites! I probably wouldn't classify as a "cabbage head," but I'd love to debate theories with a fellow time travel nut...

(In case you couldn't tell, I've been commenting as I listen along)
Anonymous said…
When they were talking about Metapod I misheard at first and was thinking "I don't remember a Pokémon called Menopause".

Nice to see the general opinion of Sun Boy hasn't changed, but at least Starbolt got some love. When you mentioned Warstar carrying his symbiote in a backpack, the first thing I thought of was Banjo Kazooie; glad to see it wasn't just me. Impy sure got a laugh upon first reveal ... almost blew my speakers out.

I'm sure you'll be deluged with people telling you this, but Wolverine was created by Len Wein and Herb Trimpe (and I think maybe John Romita Sr. came up with the costume?) in Incredible Hulk 180-181, although Cockrum certainly refined the character into the Wolvie we're more familiar with.

Mike W.
Siskoid said…
I should have used the term designer rather than co-creator, though I think Wolverine wouldn't have been a fraction as popular as he is if he'd kept his original look.