Spaceknight Art Gallery

Category: Rom
Last article published: 19 March 2016
This is the 117th post under this label

Back when I was doing Spaceknight Saturdays, I never expected new Rom comics to ever see the light of day. A few years ago, Hasbro apparently untangled the rights to this obscure-toy-become-Bronze-Age-Marvel-star, and because of the company's deal with IDW, new Rom stories were(are) indeed produced. It's a reboot, of course, with no link to the Marvel Universe. My interest was really about how Bill Mantlo took licensed properties and ran with them, longer than the toy's shelf life, so you really shouldn't expect Spaceknight Saturdays (or any other days) to return. At least not anytime soon.

Maybe I'm just sore that the IDW Rom has fingers instead of mittens.

Well, either way, in lieu of story reviews, here's a gallery of some of my favorite art pieces/covers made for Rom's first new series.

This has been a Rom-Com(munication).

Comments