One Panel #615: Kangas

From Wonder Woman: "Summons to Paradise" by William Moulton Marston and Harry G. Peter, Sensation Comics #6 (June 1942)

Okay, so I'm *not* crazy. Whenever I try to come up with the name of Wonder Woman's pet/steed kangaroo, my brain always comes up with "Kanga", and then I think, "no, idiot, that's the mom kangaroo in Winnie the Pooh!" It's Jumpa, which is a stupid name. But as it turns out, I wasn't that for off. The SPECIES is called kangas.

I now feel completely justified even if I'm still wrong.

Comments

Charles Izemie said…
Why is it a stupid name? Try pronouncing Jumper like the Australians do, mate, and see what you get. :)
Siskoid said…
Yeah maybe!

It just sounds like a first draft is all. What does it do, jump? Let's call her Jumpa until we think of something better, like, I dunno, something out of Greek mythology.