One Panel #617-621: Just'a Lot of Animals

And now: Comics that were on the stands in May of 1942! And I thought I'd celebrate the changing of the guard with a common theme to a number of story - animals!

From Congo Bill: "The Man of a Thousand Lives" by Fred Wray, Action Comics #50 (July 1942)

We've got vultures!

From Sandman: "Mr. Noah Raids the Town!" by Jack Kirby and Joe Simon, Adventure Comics #76 (July 1942)

Not just vultures, but apes and tigers, oh my!

From "Case of the 'Patsy Colt'!" by Gardner Fox and Everett E. Hibbard, All-Flash Quarterly #5 (June 1942)

We've got zebras... no, sorry, I mean horses!

From Johnny Thunder: "One More Chance" by John B. Wentworth and Stan Aschmeier, Flash Comics #31 (July 1942)

We've got giant bunny rabbits!

From Bulletman: "The Man Who Lived a Million Years" by Otto Binder and Don Rico, America's Greatest Comics #3 (May 1942)

And lions too! I purposefully kept the "MROWW" from the overlapping upper panel because it makes it seem like Mr. Lion howls it in this one. And if we're looking at recurring motifs, that story title is suspiciously close to Congo Bill's at the top of the post.

Don't worry, no actual animals were harmed (or committed crimes) in the making of these comics.

Comments

Dick McGee said…
Given how painful a regular-sized rabbit bite is, I'm not sure turning someone into a rabbit the size of a panel truck is a great idea, Mister Thunder. Someone never saw Night of the Lepus, I'm guessing. :)
Unknown said…
Loved the little clips of STORIES during World War 2! I enjoy the first one, a real lack of Political Correctness... That's OK with me!