What a MEGA-Card: Jean-Luc Picard

It's April Fool's, so the tradition is to do a wonky post. Well, how about this "dream card" for the Star Trek Collectible Card Game to celebrate the fact Star Trek: Picard is back for a second season?

Back in 2001, I wrote up a bunch of cards for recurring characters, ships and planets that would include a more complete picture (to that point, in both Trek continuity and game mechanics) of the subject, not limited by card size. I called them MEGA-cards. I never turned them into graphics until now, and sure, they'll stick out of your deck horribly, but don't you WANT a Picard that can do everything the real Picard did up through Insurrection?

Have fun figuring out what ability is linked to what event on the show (perhaps a quick note on those Nemesis icons: The black one matches the Borg Queen; the orange one matches Bok). Are there important events in Picard's life I missed? And what about after Insurrection? He'd probably have a lot more Romulan stuff, not to mention an Android species listed. You tell me, how'd I do more than 20 years ago? And should other cards get this treatment?

I'll let you live in false hope and wish you a non-frustrating April 1st!

Comments