Star Wars Bracket Fight - Called Off!

Category: That Franchise I Never Talk About
Last article published: 27 November 2022
This is the 57th post under this label

Yeah yeah yeah, the joke used to be that Star Wars was the "Franchise I Never Talk About" because it wasn't one of my fandoms, so how did I manage to talk about it 56 times before today?! Well, a lot has happened since the blog started, like a new trilogy, one-off "Star Wars Stories", and several television series, all of which I follow (the live action ones anyway). Star Wars is such a freight train that I'll share something I made two years ago that is already dated and useless: The Star Wars Bracket Fight.

Now, this wasn't my fight to stage. Ryan Daly, of the Give Me Those Star Wars Podcast, was entertaining the idea of MAYBE doing a bracket fight like the ones I'd done on Gimme That Star Trek, and asked me to see what I might come up with. Using my controversial strategy to create early match-ups that HURT and that use characters that are alike (as opposed to finding some list of best characters that goes all the way down to 64), I crafted the following:

It includes everyone from the movies, but also The Mandalorian, divided into neat categories - The Light Side, The Dark Side, Droids & Allies, and Selfish Bastards. I look at it now and now only are there a lot of names I don't recognize (like I said, it's not my fandom), and plenty more I would want to see on here. We've had a lot of characters, probably more notable than some of the lesser lights on the bracket, introduced in Mando, Boba Fett, Obi-Wan, and (most especially) Andor. If I can't vote for B2-EMO, then it's all for nothing!!!

Who would YOU add and remove if you had your druthers? Use your Jedi powers on the comments section.

Comments

daft said…
Lol! I hadn't realized that's what the red robot was called in Andor. :)

Wedge Antilles, blow that naïve nerf-herder to kingdom come! :P

I don't know why the franchise is still so obsessed with Jedi, the playground circa 1977 absolutely no-one wanted to be the farm-boy.
Jeff R. said…
Cassian needs to be in the bracket with Solo. Plenty to replace him there, starting with Mon Mothma, and plenty to bump for him too. Only question is if you set them up for round 2 or the top of the bracket.