Year 16

16 years of blogging on this platform. 9936 posts. It's kind of insane. I'm one of the last hold-outs. Normally I do a kind of State of the Union, recapping the previous year. This year? I'm retroposting one day late because though I had it on my to-do list, I plum forgot all about it because I'm super-busy with other things. Damn! What can I quickly cobble together?

Year 16 Highlights
-Though I sort of promised that I would replace Buck Rogers reviews with Blake's Seven, that was predicated on Star Trek reviews not taking up so many Wednesdays! Paramount+ has been keeping us in Trek up to the chin with no respite, so... Sorry, Blakers? Another victim has been The Orville reviews (they're own fault for being so long this year), but that's going to come up on another day this coming year.
-Most Mondays, still doing one post for every "label" or "tag" the blog has spawned, alphabetically We're up to the letter "T" now, so I guess we're gonna keep going for another year! The Orville's tag is coming up, so those reviews might take up shop there.
-Who's This? is currently early in Who's Who issue 6. No reason to stop. Same with One Panel which is about to finish showing work on the stands in July of 1942.
-Back to Trek, because there are so many and it's become impossible to navigate if you just like TOS and not, say, Discovery, or want the reviews but not the CCG posts, I've reordered the Star Trek tags. Now it's possible to just click to, say, Lower Decks reviews, or DS9 reviews, etc.
-In the podcasting category, still covering Tuesdays at the Fire and Water Podcast Network, with a rotating slate of shows (in addition to guest spots on others'). Zero Hour strikes ended naturally to be replaced with the return of FW Team-Up whose new formula indexes the four Bronze Age team-up books with regular co-hosts. The only real addition to the schedule is Hyperion to a Satyr, a Hamlet podcast that repurposes a lot of my writings about the Bard's greatest play over the years, but it will also have some fun bonus episodes with guests and everything. It's basically a lark for when I want to do some editing, but don't have anything in the bank.

So, what's next?

The blog learns to drive! But seriously, what you've come to expect over the past year is what you can expect from the next. Looking forward to when I've covered every Tag, one of the more popular returns this year was the Suicide Squad material (covering volume 2 of the series), so that's a strong contender for more content (plenty of other volumes to cover). Otherwise, we'll just see where the feeling takes us, right?

I hope you'll stick around for it, as we head towards post #10,000!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I've been following your blog for many, many years and your consistency and quality never fails to amaze and entertain me.
In the pre-twitter days I collected a pile of blogs that I followed via RSS and yours is the last one still regularly posting. Long may it continue!
Chapeau!
And thanks
Congrats to a fellow holdout (unless you meant the platform since I'm not on blogspot). It isn't always easy but it is fun.
Anonymous said…
Congratulations! May your geekery continue unabated for many moons.
Gary said…
Congrats - like ShadowWing, I'm a fellow holdout (7 years on Blogger, 7 and still going on Wordpress) with no end in sight.

Here's to the next x,000 posts! :)
Jeremy Patrick said…
Death, Taxes, and Siskoid!