One Panel #708: Did Quality Complain?

From "The Minute Man Answers the Call" by M. C. Gaines and Sheldon Moldoff, Sensation Comics #11 (November 1942)

And here I thought Uncle Sam was one of QUALITY Comics' characters? That's what happens when you turn a public domain character into a superhero (or a horror film monster, sorry Winnie the Pooh). You can't complain when he shows up in other books!He's ultimately selling war bonds by participating in this historical story, so I suppose it was for a righteous cause. And he's in it for just that one panel, so maybe National (oh my, that's also the name of Uncle Sam's birth at Quality!) didn't want poke the bear too much by giving him stuff to do. Then again, THEY were the litigious ones.

(The Fourth of July doesn't fall on a Thursday, so I thought I'd drop this one now.)

Comments