One Panel #724: Gymnastic Action

From Atom: "The Gallant Gambler" by Joseph Greene and Joe Gallagher, All-American Comics #45 (December 1942)

There's no real reason for it, but when chasing goons in a gymnasium, the Atom decides to use the gymnastic rings. Turns out to be a mistake because they turn off the lights, falls and bangs his head. When he wakes up, he's been tied to the parallel bars, but that's just another opportunity to show off his skills!

Reminds me of a Thai action movie starring Dan Chupong and choreographed by Tony Jaa's people. It's called Born to Fight and it's about these young village athletes who use their gymnastic skills to fight an invading army. It's crazy, but it's really fun and cool. I recommend!

Comments

Green Luthor said…
I'll assume it's better than Gymkata, though, really, that's not a very difficult accomplishment. (Okay, I'm not going to pretend I didn't enjoy Gymkata, but I'm also not going to pretend it's actually any good...)
Siskoid said…
I haven't seen Gymkata (YET!), but American 80s action vs. Tony Jaa's stunt team? No contest.