My Favorite Comic Book Cover. Ever. Maybe.

Brandon from Random Panels asks what everyone's favorite cover is, and that's not an easy question to answer. I don't relate to every cover the same way. I've got my artsy, whole-wheat side, and I've got my fanboy, frosted side. But I'll give you this, what I think is the first cover that ever entranced me for hours. And it got me to buy my first issue of Fantastic Four as well.The comic is mostly about how badass even a dead Dr. Doom is. Fighting his mask is tough, so imagine the rest of him. A cool photo cover at a time where they were rare.

BONUS: The runner-up.
Actually, I like the Brian Bolland version, but it's the original I've really got to credit.

Comments

Brandon Bragg said…
The Doom cover is pretty awesome. I don't think I've ever seen it before.

That Atom cover would definitely be in my top ten.