Damn it. Joncormier AND Brian Hughes have both tagged me with the "8 Things People Don't Know About You", a meme that entails just what it sounds like it does, and then I have to tag 8 more people (give or take 7). I'm fessing up to hidden depths of geekery.
1. I've played in two Star Trek PBEMs (Play By EMail rpgs), but I've since forgotten the names of the ships. I'd certainly give a shout-out if I remembered or had any archived messages.
2. To procure my one missing issue of Son of Ambush Bug, I traded the issue of Spectacular Spider-Man that first starred the Spot. I have regretted this loss ever since.
3. I collected Masters of the Universe action figures a little too far into my teens. My mom has since gotten rid of them all.
4. Back when it was new, I busted 1,000,000 points on Activision's Demon Attack and the points clocked back to zero. This was before saved games and the term "carpal tunnel syndrome".
5. The total number of girls I've role-played with is 8. That number goes up to 14 if I count LARPs (no Vampire the Masquerade either). Sadly, if you only count the last 10 years, the number goes down to 1, and exactly once.
6. When I was in high school, I used to keep a running list of every mutant that ever appeared in the pages of Marvel Comics. When I'd talk to someone, they would get the powers of the next mutant on the list, and I'd keep both lists (mutants and people) in mind as a mnemonic exercise. Pretty soon, it felt like I was going to Mutant High. I had Professor X's powers.
7. Only two people in the entire world own a set of a card game I painstakingly created based on the film Waking Life, and I'm not one of them.
8. I liked the Elektra movie.
Now I'll send this virus over the French Zone, tagging the first 8 bloggers in my "Friend's" category. Maybe it'll give BassBlog something to post on Wednesdays. Just remember, I didn't start this, I'm only finishing it.