Batman and the Outsiders #1: Pages 12-13

A man and his purse. A manly solider and his anti-quiche policy...Not the sharpest tool in the shed despite his commendable bilingualism, is he? "What leader? I'm alone out here." Yes, but you do have a leader somewhere right? Maybe he just walked out of the corner malt shop one day, head full of Soldier of Fortune dreams, and started playing sentry in the middle of nowhere.
Mystery Man #2 is having none of that theory and drops some major bling in hopes of bringing him around. Note his manly, manly, lush eye lashes. They say two things: "I'll take you to my leader after all" and "Maybeline!"
Finally our soldier gets a name and it's STUD! How manly is that?! Also revealed: Where their mastery of the English language comes from. "Ain't" and "greenhorn"? American westerns. Simply put, I got my English from the same source, y'all.
Meanwhile, a giant amoeba is talking and thinking to itself.
Oh no wait! It's Batman! And another mystery revealed. Mystery Man #2 is Jefferson Pierce, AKA Black Lightning, chosen by Batman for his good looks. Oh Batman, like you've never done the whole black face thing. I guess a little affirmative action never hurt anyone.
New Gods Alert!: The general is Virmin Vunderbarr's bald cousin!

Death of the New Gods Alert!
Yep, he's been stabbed from the outside. Stabbing someone from the inside is much more difficult to do unless the victim is really big or you're a mozza stick at 3 in the morning.
Now here's a clear set of orders: "Some of you outside, find the assassin!" I can hear Stud now: "Am I part of the 'some'?" Jerk: "I don't know, am I?" Stud: "Well, I'm alone out here, so he can't mean me!"

What is Black Lightning going to pull out of his ass to save himself? (Except for a thought bubble, I mean.) Tune in tomorrow! Same Outsider time, same Outsider channel!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'd like to comment, but I think you covered everything. After I stop laughing, I'll double-check.

"Stud." Ha!
Anonymous said…
Stud Muffin?
H said…
While we're on the topic of that guard, I'd like to add that for such a minor character he is well known by the general public.

I know this because I am frequently mistaken for him. Women are always calling me by his name.
Siskoid said…
It's the paper hat, isn't it?
Siskoid said…
We've only just begun!