Batman and the Outsiders #1: Pages 16-17

Black Lightning is out for the count. Where does that leave Batman?"A perfectly feasible plan, fouled by some Outsider." You know Bats, I have a feeling you're gonna be thinking that a lot.
Ok, quick headcount. Within tiny Markovia's borders, we have: Batman and Black Lightning working in tandem to get Lucius Fox out, native Geo-Force about to be born, Metamorpho looking for a cure to his condition, Japanese Katana satisfying her sword's bloodlust, and now Halo just lying there inside a bombed-out building. This is definitely not a comic for people who think there are too many superheroes in the Marvel Universe's New York City.
Now I can't tell what color halo she has on, but my guess is the Slippery Halo the way she got out of that skirt. We don't know Halo's origin yet (truth be told, I'm not even sure to this day), but her American accent makes her even more out of place in Markovia.
HERO SHOT!
They should really make a statue.
That's funny Batman, cuz if I really want to hurt a girl, I do it with talking. I guess that's why I'm a jerk, and you're the Goddamn Batman.
Ah, see? Bringing up a girl's obvious eating disorder is a surefire way of hurting her through talking. Halo's answer is pretty extreme even for an anorexic though...

MIGHT THERE BE MORE TO HER THAN MEETS THE EYE??!?

Comments

De said…
That's funny Batman, cuz if I really want to hurt a girl, I do it with talking.

I usually do it with talking too - very loud talking.
Anonymous said…
MIGHT THERE BE MORE TO HER THAN MEETS THE EYE??!?

I wouldn't necessarily hold your breath...
Siskoid said…
What meets the eye is a splash of color (in the color version), not unlike body painting.

Surely there's more to it than THAT?
Anonymous said…
Food. What's food?

OMG! That is just terrible dialogue. The concept of food is just so instinctive, that sentence doesn't make sense, unless spoken by a non-human.

What is this food of which you speak?

As you said, either this girl is in serious denial of an eating disorder, she has late-stage dementia, or she is from another planet.

Or maybe all three. ;-)
Siskoid said…
Doc: You're not far from the truth. Now add "zombie" in there, and I think you'll start to see what kind of character Halo really is.