You Know You're Playing Too Much GTA IV When...

...certain automobile models make you turn your head and salivate. Yes, I mean in the real world.

...you actually want to hang out with Brucie cuz he makes you feel good about yourself.

...it's not about whether or not you can complete 100% of the game, but how fast you can do it.

...you see kids and dogs on the street and wonder what they are.

...you're surprised when you see a pigeon fly away.

...you dream about the lollipop girl.

...every incline is a "ramping opportunity".

...when you think about making it with a girl, your thumbs hit an imaginary *A* button.

...you've started cataloging the inane stuff pedestrians talk about on the cellphones.

...headshots, headshots, headshots!

Comments

I once had this with Worms: Armageddon. After too much playing of that, I was seeing the world in 2D and kept imagining air strike opportunities.
Siskoid said…
Love Worms!

My "I don't see the world the same way" trifecta is GTA, Splinter Cell and Jet Set Radio Future.
JSRF is just like all other skating games in that it totally ruins your ability to walk down a street without seeing grinding opportunities.
Siskoid said…
Except multiplied by 10 thanks to the crazy physics.
Austin Gorton said…
My buddies and I once spent a weekend playing Halo 2 to the point where when I finally went to bed, everything I saw in my mind's eye was from a first person shooter perspective.

We also used to joke that we knew we'd been playing too much Goldeneye when we'd feel the urge to avoid a security camera (say, at the mall) for fear of setting off alarms and being swarmed by armed KGB troops.
Siskoid said…
My related Splinter Cell story: I finished the game in about a week, so was pretty brainwashed to spotting shadows to hide in.

I worked at a radio station at the time, and once got into the studio undetected and crawled right up to my announcer.

I bet I could have hunted deer with my bare hands at that point.
That is an awesome story. I need to start learning actual, real-life skills from video games right now!
Martin Léger said…
I keep picking up bottle caps and placing them in my pockets...