Kung Fu Fridays - Asian Tour

Just spoiling the poster for my Kung Fu Fridays through December and January. We'll be missing some dates because, well, the holidays (but what kind of holidays will they BE without Kung Fu, I ask you), but that's still 7 full nights of Asian cinema in my living room. The first Friday of December will be a Best Of night, featuring the best fights we've seen since the beginning. Fun for those who couldn't make it every time. After that, a special theme: Asian Tour.

I start from pre-Handover Hong Kong and make my way south, then north, through various Asian countries until I hit modern China. Here's what's on tap:

Hong Kong - Last Hurrah for Chivalry: An early foray into wuxia from director John Woo, back when Shaw Brothers studio was still big,

Thailand - The Protector: Save the elephant! With this poster's star, Tony Jaa.

Vietnam - The Rebel: I know almost nothing about this film except there appears to be a lot of kicks to the face in it. We like kicks to the face.

Japan - Sanjuro: A little Kurosawa is definitely indicated.

Korea - The City of Violence: Lots of "kung fu", not a lot of "gun fu" in this line-up. City of Violence should remedy that.

Mainland China - Curse of the Golden Flower: We end where we began, with Chinese wuxia. Plus: Chow Yun Fat's amazing 'stache!

That's this winter's KFF line-up. People in my entourage can expect amazing action. People on the internet can expect weekly reviews.

Comments