Reign of the Supermen #217: Pulp Superman

Source: Elseworld's Finest #1-2 (1997)
Type: Elseworlds
In the 1920s, Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne fulfill their respective destinies while struggling against nomadic cult leader Ra's al Ghul and Nemo-figure Alexi Luthor to find the lost city of Argos and the fabled Godstone artifact said to be housed there. It's an underrated Elseworlds story that for once uses Lana instead of Lois as Clark's romantic interest, and even finds room for Bibbo. The Godstone is, in fact, the Eradicator, and it will reveal Clark's strange dreams to be true. And explain his amazing abilities. This is a pretty badass Clark Kent!
This, however, is just a dream:
Still, I wanted it to be real.

Hopefully, I'm not its only fan. Anyone else?

Comments

Matthew Turnage said…
I haven't looked at it in ages, but I did really like it.
Servo said…
I'll agree - it's an underrated Elseworlds story. I think it also harkens back to the the more pulpy style of many comics
in the 1930's.

Nice find!
Siskoid said…
Easy to find, really. Right there on my shelf. ;-)
It actually sounds interesting. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.