Batman & the Outsiders #10 - Critical Analysis

It's been six months since I went to town on an issue of B&TO, and I sort of left Black Lightning in the lurch, a prisoner of the Masters of Disaster. Are you ready for a panel by panel breakdown and beatdown of Mike Barr's 80s folly?Join me over the next couple weeks to see if Black Lightning survives, and if he does, if Wolverine calls to get his big X crucifixion thing back. Or if tactical master Batman's chosen match-ups will work or if it's just another "lesson" about losing. Because when you look at it...
-Halo vs. Windfall: They were matched up in the previous fight and Windfall won.
-Geo-Force vs. Heatwave: Ok, I get it, flyers together. Her lover Coldsnap's gonna get jealous... wait... nahh.
-Metamorpho vs. Coldsnap: Is someone going to make a joke about the "elements"?
-Katana vs. New Wave: Swinging swords through water... I'm sure that'll work.
-Batman vs. Shakedown: Bruce obviously didn't get his massage this morning and wants to remedy the situation.

AND we're missing Jim Aparo this issue, so will the fill-in by Steve Lightle be kinder or worse on the book I love to mock? All that and Matches Malone too!

Comments

Boosterrific said…
More Batman & the Outsiders, hooray! (Honestly, that's the only time I've ever expressed that sentiment, and I own the original run of the series.)
Siskoid said…
This is my way to JUSTIFY its existence.