Batman and the Outsiders #11 - Critical Analysis

Christmas vacation is almost upon us, which promises, yes friends, a few days of Outsider-bashing. It's what I do to relax, what can I say? And we're up to an interesting one too! After a year of not really knowing who several of the Outsiders are, Mike Barr is finally going to reveal the secret origin of Katana! Ok, it's not the most difficult to figure out if you don't know, and Halo needs it a lot more, but we're on Barr's schedule here. And he's taking his time. Hey, he's got the word "Batman" at the top of the cover. He's got all the time in the world.

So over the next few weeks, we'll devote 3-4 days a week to the DCU's arguably worst team (there are worse, but none so long-lived). So get ready for the panel by panel analysis! How did Katana choose her name? Who was her husband? Why is Black Lightning acting strange in class? Can Halo love? And how much money does Geo-Force have? All important questions, I'm sure. And I'm counting on YOU to bring the snark in the comments section too. We're all in this together.

Comments

Kid Kyoto said…
Glad to see some more Outsider H8, they're not bab-bab, they're just so mediocre and dull. And mediocre and dull is it's on kind of badness that in many ways is worse than say, Youngblood's terribleness.
Siskoid said…
It's all done out of love.

Mostly love for Teebore's love of these things, but love nonetheless.
Kid Kyoto said…
bab-bab should of course be bad-bad... it's not some hip new lingo I'm trying out.
Matthew Turnage said…
Yay! I love the Outsiders Critical Analysis series.
Siskoid said…
Kid: I had started to use it and everything.

As is the love Matthew has for it.
rob! said…
I am simultaneously looking forward to, and dreading, this next installment.
Anonymous said…
The Outsiders always won my "team less deserving a return" in my mind awards,

But, still, I want so bad to see the Alan Davis run! I mean, it has KOBRA!

Roger
Siskoid said…
You mean you haven't read it? Or that you want to see it destroyed on this site?
Anonymous said…
Well, I read the first 6 issues back in the 80s, but not the A. Davis issues. Only refered in Dave Long Box and other blogs.

Roger
Siskoid said…
At this rate, I'm not sure I'll ever get to Davis issues myself.
Austin Gorton said…
So somehow I managed to fall behind on these, despite my deep and abiding love of them, so I hereby declare my intent to get caught up!
Siskoid said…
Anticipation inhabits my entire body.