Siskoid's Comics Recollected - July 1983


Siskoid's Comics Recollected is a nostalgic video series in which I revisit, month by month, my early comic-buying days. Hopefully, that'll spark your own memories of those times.

Related image
Fury of Firestorm #17 and another reason why I might've become an instant fan (gulp!):
Related links
Uncanny X-Men #153 was the first comic I ever made a play out of.
LSH #304 was my first Legion comic.
This project would just not be possible without Mike's Amazing World of Comics and its comics-by-release-date database.

What comics did YOU get in July of '83? Or alternately, in your fourth month of reading comics?

Comments

Islamic Comics said…
That's really refreshing memories of mine to the ages of my childhood. I loves to read comic series.
Jeff R. said…
Onward to June 1979. Kept on with Superman with Action #499, Superman #339, World of Krypton #3, and JLA #180, and, early in the month, a cover featuring Jor-El and Krypton lured me into buying Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes #255. I was intrigued by the Legion, and when, a few weeks later, I spotted them again in DC Comics Presents #13 and picked that up, I was hooked. (And also started getting DCCP each month, to boot.)

Also this month was the first of the DC digests, Best of DC #1, which I picked up. And I had been picking up those Whitman three-packs by that time, as I remember adding "does it have any Legion books in it" to "does it have any JLA or an interesting Action/Superman cover" to my purchase criteria for those.
Siskoid said…
Glad you're still the trip with me (four years before me) Jeff! I have a feeling you picked up Action 500 in July. Who could resist a big number like that?
The Mutt said…
I have no memory of starting to read comics because my Dad read comics, so they were just always there. I was reading comics along with See Spot Run. In my forth month of reading it was probably Batman and Superman and all the DC war comics.
Siskoid said…
A completely different experience. Apparently, my dad read comics too, but his mom threw them all out.
Naked Lorraine Reilly. A gift from Conway, Broderick, Tuska, and Rodriguez. Such giving gentlemen!

Shag
Siskoid said…
I'd just turned 12... It might have caused... stirrings.