New Brunswick Can't Get No Space-Respect

This splash page from Mystery in Space #44 (DC, 1958) is all sorts of crazy. A spaceship tows an intact North America through space to a galaxy shaped just like North America, for God's sake! And yet, I get stuck on the fact that my province, poor little New Brunswick, is where the Easternmost clamp has to be. Sorry Newbies, nobody cares about your parcel of abused woodland. If the Southern clamp were on Louisiana, I'd take it as a genocidal move to wipe out Acadian/Cajun culture, but no, on that side of the great river, it's Mississippi and Alabama. And if Los Angeles didn't bite it to the West, I'd say the aliens definitely had an agenda against economically challenged regions. To the North, Northern Ontario. I don't think anyone lives there, so whatever.

Listen, aliens. I WANT MY PROVINCE BACK!

(Not a provincial election message.)

Comments

Chops said…
Most of Washington and Oregon are missing! Probably a chunk of B.C. too. Are we now the Island of Cascadia, or did we fall off into space? Either way, Cascadia works better as a concept when we have trading partners closer than 300 miles (or 3 light years)
Siskoid said…
But somehow, fragile Nova Scotia didn't break off.
There actually is a North America nebula that the Hubble Telescope brought us, so I guess its only a matter of time...
Chops said…
Oh cool! I guess that explains why the Pacific Northwest is gone.
SallyP said…
They clamped down on New Brunswick? Man, that's just wrong!
Siskoid said…
Like we don't have enough problems, right?!

Thanks for the empathy, Sally.