The 14th Doctor Shops for Companions

Happy Halloween everyone! We had our party (well, ONE of our parties) a couple of weeks back, but I waited this long to show you some of the costumes for timing's sake. Did I say TIME? Since the theme this year was television, I opted for a slightly meta costume(that's my thing), that of a FUTURE, post-Capaldi incarnation of the Doctor (of course).
My mission, to find a companion among these rejects from the days of television past and present. Cue the TARDIS sound effects, I'm going to be materializing all over the place.
So how about Daphne from Scooby-Doo? She's a lithe ginger girl, which is right up the Doctor's alley, and pretty much used to the monsters. She might not be able to sustain the shock of finding out these monsters AREN'T old men with fright masks though.
Why not fill the TARDIS with life? My Doctor joins the cast of Pokemon on an adventure to find the lost Pikachu.
Oh there he is. But now I've lost the kids. Oh well... NEXT!
Spinelli from Disney's Recess might be a bit young for companion status (and I feel like my Capaldi self already went down this avenue), but it's her confrontational and willful manner that made me strike her off the list. It's all been said with Ace.
While conducting the search, the Doctor comes across fellow Time Lord Miss Frizzle who tried to hijack his TARDIS thinking it was hers. The Magic School Bus looks nothing like this, Miss Frizzle! I don't care if the key fits in the lock!
Most readers here will not get this reference - JOIN THE CLUB! - but Poudy & Chabot are Quebec's equivalent (read: rip-off) of Wayne's World on Musique Plus (so: French Canada's MTV). Stoners. The Doctor doesn't want to travel with stoners.
WHAT DID I JUST SAY?! NO STONERS! Even cute ones. Even Donna and Jackie from That 70s Show.
OH NOESSSS! Not a companion, but some evil clown/alien with a sonic opera scream! If my Doctor was going to have to fight such menaces, he would need to get a more upscale, battle-ready companion!
The Canary from Arrow? It's all becoming a little too "sonic", isn't it? And besides, Olie isn't done teaching her not to kill.
River? Oh wait, wrong River. That's River TAM, not River Song. Still badass, but a bit of a loose canon. I wonder, can I even MEET River Song at this point, or has my Matt Smith self used up all her days? That would be a tragedy.
Mikasa Ackerman seems well suited, though it probably means the Doctor has to go up against those grotesque Titan giants. Not that I've ever even watched that anime. But who's next? Freakin' Shinji from Neon Genesis Evangelion?
No, it's Ryu from the short-lived television version of Street Fighter, based on the much longer-lived video game franchise. Ow, my eyes!!! Watch where you throw that Hadoken!

You know what? I'm going to keep looking. There's no reason I should pick the first (or even thirteenth) stray that comes my way.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Holy crap, Puddles, travel with Puddles through time and space! It is the only answer!

http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=136146

http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=139085
LiamKav said…
Is this the first time you've put a picture of yourself up? I know it's stupid, but part of me is surprised that you don't look like Avery Brooks.
Siskoid said…
I wish!

It's not really, there have been some Improv-related pics before and my Anniversary banners have had some treated effigy of me on them sometimes.

I feel like getting on Facebook less than a year ago broke the spell anyway, and the horrible truth could finally be told.
Martin Gray said…
Gawd, you're too good-looking to be a Doctor.

Anyway, great pics, wish we got Miss Frizzle over here, she looks a hoot.
Siskoid said…
That's the first time anyone's ever told me that. And what about Davison and Tennant? Weren't they pretty boys?
Anonymous said…
Agreed on Siskoid's good looks, though not on their being a disqualifying feature.

Karl Pilkington would be a breathtakingly lateral-thinking Doctor.
Anonymous said…
Here's how Karl Pilkington would have handled a pivotal moment in "The Pyramids of Mars":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8opY80dhYc
Anonymous said…
Looking forward to watch the television show with you as the doctor ^.^ Good story line
Siskoid said…
I'm no actor, but in my usual meta-costuming way, I'm actually dressed up as an actor friend of mine if he were ever cast as the Doctor (he has the look and talent for it). The coat, suspenders and scarf are all borrowed from his closet.