Best Book of 2014 - The runners up are...
5. Worst. Person. Ever. (Douglas Coupland)
4. Behind the Sofa: Celebrity Memories of Doctor Who (edited by Steven Berry)
3. The Book of Negroes (Lawrence Hill)
2. The Gospel According to Jesus Christ (José Saramago)
Best Comic of 2014 - The runners up are...
5. Flash Gordon (Parker, Shaner and Bellaire)
4. Stray Bullets: Killers (Lapham)
3. Ms. Marvel (Wilson and Wyatt)
2. Magnus Robot Fighter (Van Lente and Smith)
Best Film of 2014 - The runners up are...
5. Blindness (Fernando Meirelles)
4. Only Lovers Left Alive (Jim Jarmush)
3. The Lego Movie (Lord and Miller)
2. Inside Llewyn Davis (Cohen Bros.)
Best TV Series of 2014 - The runners up are...
5. Doctor Who Series 8
4. Breaking Bad Seasons 1-4
3. The Thick of It Series 1-4
2. Leverage Seasons 1-5
Best TV Episode of 2014 - The runners up are...
5. Advanced Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (Community Season 5)
4. The Rashomon Job (Leverage Series 3)
3. Flatline (Doctor Who Series 8)
2. Sleeping in Light (Babylon 5 Season 5)
Best CD of 2014 - The runners up are...
5. The Fourth Wall (Big Finish's John Dorney)
4. The Demons of Red Lodge and Other Stories (Big Finish, various)
3. Peri and the Piscon Paradox (Big Finish's Nev Fountain)
2. Jago and Litefoot: The Theatre of Dreams (Big Finish's Jonathan Morris)
Stupidest Move in the Geekaverse 2014 - The runners up are...
5. Ryan Murphy: Inventing horror-comedy (Scream Queens goes where no horror story has before! Honest!)
4. David and Meredith Finch's Wonder Woman (a study in wrong-headedness)
3. Micheal Bay's meltdown at the Samsung conference
2. Unavoidably, DC Comics: Take your pick, whether that's suing a soccer team for their very different bat logo, sexist t-shirts, DC-movie-writer David Goyer talking smack about Martian Manhunter fans and She-Hulk, slapping Joe Keatinge down for pointing out they changed one of his stories drastically, or a host of other mismanaged abuses.
Let us know what YOUR picks would have been. Tomorrow: The Technical Awards as given in a ceremony prior to this one, just like with the Oscars!