Circles of Geek Hell: The Wrong Geeks

The Circle of Misattributed Geekitude
Location: 8th Circle - Fraud
 
In the second Circle of my personal Geek Hell, I've somehow been put in with people who consider themselves Geeks, but with whom I have little to nothing in common with. You know them as Video Game Geeks. And these guys (all guys, because they're GamerGaters who don't want girls in THEIR Hell - double my pain, why don't you?) don't have any other hobbies or interests either. They're not video gamers who dabble in comics or RPGs, or Trekkies who play a lot of WoW. No. They're just video gamers, and they want me to play Smash with them and stuff, and it's just not my thing, and then I'm just sitting there mashing buttons in case I can magically make something happen (as I once did with Tekken), and just falling off the edge forever and ever and ever. Respawn, repeat.

Comments

Come on- people who care about spelling and grammar get a circle of hell, but the slobs who can't be bothered to spell check their work or speak coherently get off scott-free? Why is the onus on the literate with standards and not the illiterate? That's the problem with this modern, entitled-

*Disappears to the 5th circle*
Siskoid said…
Hey, I'm just using the best of the Internet's redrawn Hells, not putting a rubber stamp on it.

I realize I've got a lot of Sloth to purge when the time comes.