Uncle Sam's Everytown

Move over Metropolis and Gotham! Now for a fictional comics city no one ever talks about! Everytown, U.S.A.!
The "map" appeared  in Uncle Sam Quarterly #1 (1941) and is apparently meant to be Sam's stomping ground, though he really traveled all around the country and abroad. I think my favorite part of Everytown is its industrial sector...
...a factory next to a river, with a farm across the way. I know this kind of pollution was just known as "Industry" in the 40s, but it feels contemporary to me somehow.

Everytown is timeless, really. It's everywhen.

Comments

American Hawkman said…
With Uncle Sam having his own pocket dimension in modern accounts, this becomes a more fascinating interpretation.


Siskoid said…
Is there a connection between that dimension and the America Shade the Changing Man visited in the Mature Readers series?
American Hawkman said…
Another thought worthy of exploration.
Anonymous said…
I had this very same idea for a RPG campaign on which I am working. The characters will be playing legacy characters from the golden, silver and modern age in DC. One of the characters wanted to play a character that has the same 50s all-American attitude all the way through (although he is playing three different characters). When I learned of Everytown, I thought that it could be a community that is located in the Heartland and therefore the attitudes there are the same as they were in the 50s.