I've been reading you X-Files reviews along with my pre-revival research (I'm watching "Hell Money" as I type), & I just noticed you have House of Leaves as your currently reading. As it's my favourite novel, I doff my hat to you in this comment.
(Every year I hold a Week of Leaves on March 7th through the 14th & reread it, while inveigling my friends & family to do the same.
I come to it from a Borgesian place. I feels to me (to date, I'm only at, like, page 35) like a novel-length Borges short story (like Tlon or Pierre Menard). On my schedule, expect a capsule review in some three weeks probably.
"My God, what have I done?"
ReplyDeleteThis looks... weird. I know it's Jack Kirby, but where is it from?
The Manhunter story from 1st Issue Special #5.
ReplyDeleteI've been reading you X-Files reviews along with my pre-revival research (I'm watching "Hell Money" as I type), & I just noticed you have House of Leaves as your currently reading. As it's my favourite novel, I doff my hat to you in this comment.
ReplyDelete(Every year I hold a Week of Leaves on March 7th through the 14th & reread it, while inveigling my friends & family to do the same.
Anyway, back to the show.)
I come to it from a Borgesian place. I feels to me (to date, I'm only at, like, page 35) like a novel-length Borges short story (like Tlon or Pierre Menard). On my schedule, expect a capsule review in some three weeks probably.
ReplyDeleteI wanted to chime back in: Zampano in the book seems to think Pierre Menard is real! So there's your overt Borges reference.
ReplyDelete