Best Book of 2015 - The runners up are...
5. Cloud Atlas (David Mitchell)
4. The Good, the Bad, and the Furry (Tom Cox)
3. The Cows (Lydia Davis)
2. House of Leaves (Mark Z. Danielwski)
Best Comic of 2015 - The runners up are...
5. Deadly Class (Remender & Craig)
4. The Fade Out (Brubaker & Phillips)
3. The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl (North & Henderson)
2. Secret Wars: Master of Kung Fu (Blackman & Talajic)
Best Film of 2015 - The runners up are...
5. The Peanuts Movie (Steve Martino)
4. Locke (Steven Knight)
3. Inside Out (Docter & Del Carmen)
2. The Big Short (Adam McKay)
Best TV Series of 2015 - The runners up are...
5. Justified Season 6
4. Doctor Who Series 9
3. Brooklyn Nine-Nine Seasons 1-2
2. Orange Is the New Black Seasons 1-2
Best TV Episode of 2015 - The runners up are...
5. The Gang Saves the Day (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia S9)
4. The Boy with the African Heart (No1 Ladies' Detective Agency)
3. The Wedding (Outlander S1)
2. The Zygon Inversion (Doctor Who S9)
In the past, the next category was Best CD, one ruled by Big Finish audios. It's not that BF has stopped putting out good product, it's just that my listening habits in 2015 tended more towards podcasts, and so I don't really have more than 5 audios to recommend, which makes the category unviable. No problem, it seems that this year I've played a large number of new board games! This is probably not a permanent change, but this year, Board Games are thus in the main awards ceremony, and CDs are relegated to Technical Achievements.
Best Board Game of 2015 - The runners up are...
3. Betrayal at House of the Hill
2. Castle Panic
Stupidest Move in the Geekaverse 2015 - The runners up are...
5. Blue-Black White-Gold Dress: Geek wars for non-geeks and the stupidest thing to infect social media all year (but not the most OFFENSIVE thing, see our winner).
4. Pixels (special mention to our friend Dave who tells the story of Pixels in such a way as to last twice as long as Pixels)
3. DC Comics keeps making the list, year after year, this time with several Supergirl-related flubs (like not having a series out, duh!), polybag incidents destroying costly variant covers, sexual harassment by senior editors, half-page ads, the whole "meat and potatoes" argument and abandoning DCYou minutes after it started, fighting Rhianna for the trademark of her real name (Robyn)... only sliding down the list because I've practically stopped reading their (new) comics.
2. Hasbro for putting the "bro" in their toys and refusing to include Black Widow or Rey in with male action figure packs. And in connected stupidity...
Let us know what YOUR picks would have been. Tomorrow: The Technical Awards as given in a ceremony prior to this one, just like with the Oscars!