1999's Ten Best Covers

And this is where it ends. I think we've done pretty well - and I include anyone and everyone who's commented on this series of posts - in finding cool and even iconic covers from the 90s, 100 in all, without having to dip in the EXTREEEEEEEEEEEME style, the covers filled with blurbs, or the cheap T&A of the era. Did we redeem the decade? That's as maybe. I saw a LOT of terrible covers over the course of the last few weeks, and the TRENDS were definitely on the terrible side. But here, enjoy the last batch. My thanks to Mike's Amazing World of Comics (link will take you to the start publication month, not the cover dated one) where I did all my research, and where you can play the game too.
JLA: Earth 2 HC by Frank Quitely
Daredevil #5 by Joe Quesada and Jimmy Palmiotti
Batman: Harley Quinn #1 by Alex Ross
Grendel: Devil Tales TPB by Matt Wagner
Son of Superman HC by J. H. Williams III
Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #119 by Brian Bolland
Gen 13 #40 (Variant) by Kyle Baker
Promethea #1 by Alex Ross
Mage #15 by Matt Wagner
Birds of Prey #6 by Greg Land and Brian Stelfreeze

But perhaps you have different ideas?

Comments

SallyP said…
I've noticed that there was almost always a Daredevil Cover...which is a good thing!
LiamKav said…
I'm questioning the physics of that Gen13 cover.
Siskoid said…
If only I knew what her powers were.
Jeff R. said…
This was a really good year for covers. I mean, any issue of Promethea could have been there if you weren't going for diversity more. Top 10 and Tom Strong both also had some very strong covers, as did Planetary. Quantum and Woody continued to have good covers through the end of the run too, as did Preacher and Transmetropolitan, both of which had their go one their #1s.

Also, I really liked the cover for I Die at Midnight