oHOTmu or NOT Ep.2: A.I.M. to American Eagle

Part of the Fire & Water Podcast Network, oHOTmu or NOT? is half indexing exercise à la Who's Who Podcast, half ridiculous datability arguments about the Marvel Universe's characters as inventoried in the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe (OHOTMU) Deluxe Edition. It may not be the Marvel Universe podcast you were looking for, but it may just be the one you won't believe you did without.

Featuring permanent panelists Elyse (Havana Nights), Isabel (Lip-Bomb), Nathalie (DJ Nath), Josée (Art-Girl), and Shotgun, and special guest-star Amélie from the MeliUltraviolet YouTube channel.

Listen to Episode 2 (the usual mature language warnings apply, there may be talk of "bulge") by clicking HERE!

Or you can right-click “download”, choose “Save Target/Link As”, and select a location on your computer to save the file (24 MB).

Or subscribe to oHOTmu OR NOT? on iTunes!

You can follow along! Here are the characters and concepts we cover in this episode:
Credits :
"Can You Dig It?" (Theme for oHOTmu or NOT?) by Brian Tyler.

Bonus clips from: "Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - Alone against A.I.M." starring Nolan North and Dawn Olivieri; "O Canada" written by Calixa Lavallée; "30 Rock" starring Tina Fey and Cheyenne Jackson; "Crash" by The Primitives; and American Eagle ad.

Thanks for leaving a comment. The girls will love you for it!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Another great episode. I'm Canadian too (Saskatchewan, whoo!), so I found the question of whether Alpha Flight was taken seriously on the world stage an interesting one. I think they were always meant to be taken seriously (John Byrne is Canadian, after all); some of the later writers let some clichés creep in, but overall I'd say Alpha Flight can hold their own. The X-Men and Captain America always treated them like equals, so what better endorsement can you get? :)

Mike W.
Jeremy Patrick said…
Two comments, one general, one specific.

General: First, I gave OHOTmu or not a try and liked it. Then you blogged about the Invasion podcast, and I tried it, and I liked it. Then you mentioned the Secret Origins podcast, and I liked it enough to try to complete my collection so I can listen to each episode after reading the relevant issue. Stop getting me hooked on things! Great power, great responsibility.

Specific: You seem puzzled by my "Jason Statham does not look like the Absorbing Man" comment to episode # 1. I'm not joking! Yes, they are both bald, white guys. I get that. So am I. But no one's ever said I look like The Transporter. People have told me on multiple occasions I look like Michael Stipe of REM, but that's not pertinent to the present discussion.