Resurrection-ish

Well, date retrieval complete. Looks like I didn't lose anything important due to the impact/liquid disaster, except of course, the time it'll take to get everything back in order and installed, and the hardware capacities of the old laptop, including, annoyingly, a microphone jack (I use a USB microphone for podcasts done in person, but a headset mike with a jack for Skyping). Oh, and some cash, if I cared about that.

Well, all of this is obviously annoying, but there's a measure of relief too. My big projects seem intact and uncorrupted. My partners' contributions are safe. We can sleep tonight.

Time to push that boulder back up the hill.

Comments

Delta said…
Great, glad your projects are safe!

Now, get a backup procedure in place. Personally I have a passport-style removable hard drive and run a ROBOCOPY operation every month after I do bills. A lot more mental peace when things like this happen.
Siskoid said…
My good buddy Shagg recommended Crashplan to me. Any other ideas?