One Panel: New Fun #2

A new weekly (twice weekly?) experiment: Posting a single panel from every DC Comic ever published - so long as I can find one of course, the Golden Age is bound to be spotty - in ORDER of publication, and then talking about it just a little or perhaps way too much. The first National periodical would be New Fun #1, and I couldn't find anything from it but the cover, so let's skip right ahead to New Fun #2 (March 1935, though published in January):
From Don Drake: "On the Planet Saro: Part 2" by Ken Fitch and Clemens Gretter.

Kangaroo crabs? Yes, please!

Don Drake was a Flash Gordon wannabe who had very nicely drawn adventures from New/More Fun #1 to #13, but never appeared in the DCU after that. Well, I don't care about him, but those Bandars give me a lot of joy. Made me look up Clemens Gretter, at any rate, and found THIS.

Originally, I was going to talk about the DC Rebirth leak in a post called Leaky Afterbirth, but I went to the movies, came back and started working on something else, realized I was late on even researching the topic, then further realized I didn't really have anything to say, and chose to look back rather than forward. Because that's often where my joy is, y'know? You can thank me later.

Comments

You mean the revelation that the DCU has basically been season one of Once Upon A Time all.this time? :-)
Siskoid said…
No clue. I don't watch that. I imagine I liked it better when it was called Fables.
An evil curse to steal all the happy endings. Everyone that's meant to be together is kept apart. Except for one young man who can see through the curse and tell that things are not as they were meant to be...