Krypto #184: Where's Krypto?

From: Action Comics #888 (June 2010)

Let me tell you a story about the Krypto feature on this page. In the old Silver Age days, when the comics featured Krypto, it was more often than not a KRYPTO STORY. By the modern age, Krypto is more often used as part of the Superman Family, and we're lucky if he actually has a proper moment. Relegated to background character, he might only appear in a single panel. Sometimes, it barely counts as a cameo. More than once, I've had to scour an issue for the super-pup, over and over again until I catch a fleeting glimpse of him.

Case in point, Action Comics #888. I went through this thing 3 times before I decided to supplement my failing eyesight with a magnifying glass, and there he was, on the above two-page spread:
Twice, no less:
And again in other shards later in the issue. Won't bore you with them. It's always the same image at different angles.

So you see, folks, doing the Complete Krypto isn't as easy as it seems.

Comments