Wonder Woman's All-Natural Recipes

Category: Cooking
Last article published: 26 December 2018
This is the 15th post under this label

I sadly don't own the DC Super Heroes Super Healthy Cookbook (1981), so some of the following recipes aren't complete. Use your imagination, I guess. But this is a spotlight on Wonder Woman's recipes for snacks and drinks, the first being a very strange carob-coconut banana missile treat inspired by a weapon of monkey destruction (is this from a Bob Haney story?).
Diana also shows she can cook up some pretty nasty puns! Anyway, I imagine you cover your banana in carob and dip the carob in coconut. Done. The use of carob and its health benefits apparently goes back to Ancient Greece, so whoever wrote that recipe knew what they were doing. Of course, you could totally adapt this to your unhealthy impulses and use chocolate instead of carob, and sprinkles instead of coconut. It's your life.

But now you've developed a thirst. Wonder Woman has you covered:
Paradise Pop is just fruit juice concentrate with carbonated (soda) water, and I make it all the time. Not with concentrate, but often with tonic water because I'm a hard man and I like to live dangerously with my kidneys. But I don't slap labels on my bottles (or use bottles at all), so making Paradise Pop to KEEP, as opposed to drinking right away before the bubbles fizzle out, that requires more steps.
Damn! The image cuts off before the chopsticks come in! Are you supposed to stir the mixture before capping the bottle? Let's say that's it.

Elephant in the room: Paradise Island has a natural stream of carbonated water.

Comments