oHOTmu or NOT Ep.99: Shanna the She-Devil to S.H.I.E.L.D.

A jungle girl. A relative of the Cosmic Cube. Bruce Banner's cousin. Feathered aliens. A super spy organization. Which are Hot? Which are Not? Find out, as the Hot Squad continues its coverage of OHOTMU's 11th issue and reveals how datable its characters are.

Featuring permanent panelists Isabel, Nathalie, Josée, Shotgun, and Amelie.

Listen to Episode 99 (the usual mature language warnings apply) by clicking HERE!

Or you can right-click “download”, choose “Save Target/Link As”, and select a location on your computer to save the file (41 MB).

Or subscribe to oHOTmu OR NOT? on Apple or Spotify!

You can follow along! Here are the characters we cover in this episode.

Credits:
"Can You Dig It?" (Theme for oHOTmu or NOT?) by Brian Tyler.

Bonus clips from: "Sheena" by John Guillermin, starring Tanya Roberts; "Shape of You" by Ed Sheeran; "She-Hulk: Attorney at Law", starring Tatiana Maslany, Ginger Gonzaga and Mark Ruffalo; "Forget You" by Camilla and the Chickens (in The Muppets); and "Iron Man" by Jon Favreau, starring Gwyneth Paltrow and Clark Gregg.

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Comments

Anonymous said…
The "chaff" on the SHIELD car is basically a bunch of tin foil strips that are released to fuck up any radar-guided missiles that might be shot at the car. I think they used radar-blinding chaff in the movie Air Force One, but I learned about it from G.I. Joe comics ... very educational.

I figured Shanna and Shulkie would get a lot of love, but you forgot to mention the most important thing about the She-Hulk TV show: Tatiana Maslany is from Saskatchewan! Yeah, I just had to get that out there ... I got nothing else.

Mike W.
Siskoid said…
Actually for us, the most important "one of us" about Maslany is that she was an improv player.
Shanna's art was by Joe Kubert? That surprised me, as she looks (especially in the face) like a Mark Bagley character.

The only Shaper of Worlds story I've read was in the Batman/Hulk crossover issue (available in the "Crossover Classics Vol. 1" trade). He ends up giving Joker his powers for a brief amount of time, and of course, deadly hijinks ensue...

Love all the love for She-Hulk, and glad to hear the people who watched the show loved it. That was one of my favorite Deep Dives to do on my podcast, as she's one of my favorite characters as well.