Being a look back at cards from the Star Trek CCG, and what I thought of them back when they were fresh and new... in EPISODE order. The one you wouldn't immediately pin on "The Dauphin"...
EXPANSION: Q-ContinuumPICTURE: Yuck. It's always dull to find a character at the helm. They're all pretty much the same and very static. A yawner of a 2.
LORE: Specialist status is mentioned, which makes me believe the idea was already in the works before First Contact came out. No idea why it wasn't implemented earlier, though. What were they waiting for? (It would probably have been an event with no downloading function, so maybe they weren't ready to launch Objectives.) Nothing really interesting aside from that - gives clues to which episode she was on, but doesn't acknowledge her universality. A 1.5.
TREK SENSE: A once-seen helm officer... what else is she going to be like? Makes sense for her to be a specialist in Navigation. Maybe it's a stretch to give her twice the regular amount of the skill. If she's so good, why isn't she on the bridge more often? I have my reservations, so I'll give it a 3.8.
STOCKABILITY: When the Q-Continuum expansion was released, I asked myself a number of questions regarding the inclusion of such a weak personnel. Was she really needed? Thanks to Assign Mission Specialists, however, she became unique in the Federation. She's the only specialist in Navigation outside of Voyage (DQ) decks. There are nine missions attemptable by the Feds that require the skill, two of which require a double dose. These missions are great in ENGINEER decks (Explore Dyson Sphere, Reported Activity). And she does have that big x2 there, which will help against Badland decks, with FGC-47, and moving swiftly through a number of dilemmas. Made useful despite her atrocious stats... a 3.4.
TOTAL: 10.7 (53.5%) Can't I be kind and give her a passing grade? Apparently not ;-)

Comments
Post a Comment