My Favorite Doctor Who Memorabilia

I was recently tagged by Nathaniel Wayne of the Council of Geeks to talk about my favorite Doctor Who memorabilia. I've talked about the Dalek miniatures who are a bit bollocks except I love the box they came in, and I've got a fairly large collection of Doctor Who action figures, but "most prized"? That probably has to be the autographed pictures of various Who actors that were sent to me by Simon Cogan, one of my work partners on the old Unauthorized Doctor Who CCG.

Many people I've worked with over the years have been nice enough to send my gifts as thanks for my work on passion projects like this. Simon lives in Cardiff so had many opportunities to attend events where he could get pictures signed (he was even an extra in The Empty Child!) and my favorite three, the Doctor's leading ladies through the bulk of the '70s are over my desk in the living room - Katy Manning (Jo Grant), Elisabeth Sladen (Sarah Jane Smith) and Louise Jamison (Leela). My mom called them my pretty ladies. I also have signed pictures by Tom Baker, Deborah Watling, Sarah Sutton, Mark Strickson, and Camille Coduri. I thank Simon (again) from across the years. That was a fun time in my geekdom and I have the pictures to prove it.

So that's mine, what's yours? I'm not gonna "tag" anyone, but if you want to participate, let me know where you do so in the comments (or use the comments outright).

Comments

LiamKav said…
For my birthday, a friend got me a "TARDIS exploding" by Van Gogh reproduction painting. It's very cool.
Siskoid said…
Yes, my friend Isabel has that. So cool.
Randal said…
Russell T Davis was supposed to go to Comicon in San Diego but he cancelled last minute. He was replaced by Moffat. This was a bit after he had been announced as the next show runner. I had brought Davis's book Damaged Goods to sign but was left empty handed. For the hell of it, I handed the book to Moffat, explaining the situation, but that I thought it would be funny if he signed it. Moffat played along great, crossed Davis’s name off the title page and wrote his in. Next year, Davis did make it so I brought along the book and handed it to him. I tell you, Davis is nothing if not jolly. He laughed his ass off, put a light line through Moffat’s signature (he didn’t want to ruin it, just continue the joke), and wrote “RTD 4 ever”.